GetMetrix is a football improvement app which leverages AI and AR to benchmark a players core skills via personalised in-app improvement program.
Questions and Answers
What issues are you solving?
Today if you ask any football player how they know if they are improving, you will give you a vague generic answer (don’t believe us - try it). Our mission is to help any footballer anywhere on the planet with a mobile phone get better faster through skill quantification and comparison. Today it is impossible to quantify core football skills without expensive laboratory style equipment.
Our view is that once something is measured, it can get acted upon (i.e. improvement effort). Today grass roots footballers are effectively flying blind on the relative performance of their underlying 6 core skills.
Why should we be excited by you?
You should be excited by us because we are a deep tech play with difficult barriers to entry bringing a solution to a real need with arguably the worlds strongest distribution partner in football (UEFA)
Who are your target customers?
The estimated 400M highly engaged and active grassroots footballers
Our beachhead market is the highly engaged 12-17 year olds (male and female) initially from the EU, US, UK, all of whom have the daily struggle of doing anything to improve their football.
What is your business model?
Annual fee for premium content access (i.e. the improvement content). Validated at USD $59.99 for a single skill and USD $119.99 for all six skills.
What market traction do you have?
* 1 of 3 global football start ups “signed” by UEFA (out of 100+ analysed) (2019)
* UEFA collaboration agreement (go to market partner) around our Player Card technology (2020)
* Landed a #1 app (myKicks) on the UK Sports Store (150,000 downloads – iOS only)
* Collected the worlds largest amateur database of penalty kicks (1,000,000) through our initial app myKicks that went on to be the #1 app (UK sports) during the 2018 World Cup (kickers: < 20 minute session times)
*World class in app engagement metrics for augmented reality
* MLS Venture Studio trial partner (2018)