In this week's podcast we're reflecting on the year that's coming to an end. In the words of host Yanni Andreopoulos, in our latest episode, we've gathered “the greatest minds Sports Loft has to offer” (oh dear!) to assess with 20-20 hindsight our 2023 sports, media and entertainment tech predictions.
We ask: were memberships re-imagined by sports teams? To what degree did rightsholders become content businesses? And did the industry really get smarter on data? Find out what we think, as Yanni holds Andy and Charlie to account on what we got right and what we got, err, not so right.
Warning: contains multiple references to Hull City football club.
- Gerard Pique's new Kings League
- Juventus' fixtures list reveal video
- Sports Loft Podcast – The role of machine learning in sports, and how to build an AI startup
- Sports Loft Podcast – BMW, Karta and marketing in the metaverse
- Sports Loft article – From AI to data enrichment: five sports trends to watch in 2024